Cameron Herold (select highlights)
Cameron built three $100-million dollar (+) companies -
- Former Chief Operating Officer of the worlds-largest residential junk removal company; growing revenues from $2 Million to $106 Million in just six years while nurturing award-winning workplace cultures.
- President of the worlds-largest private currency used by over 30,000 companies across the globe; grew the valuation of the company from $2M to $64M in 2 years; sold company at the high in 2000.
- Top-rated lecturer at the EO/MIT Entrepreneurial Masters Program and a powerful and effective speaker at EO/YPO & Vistage events around the world.
- Landed over 5,000 media placements in six years - including coverage on Oprah, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company, Fortune and 17 spots on Dr. Phil.
- Mentor to select entrepreneurial, high-growth CEOs and their teams working globally -- in over 30 countries.
Throughout his career, Cameron Herold has been instrumental in the successful sale, branding and integration of a remarkable 500 business locations with three major companies.He may be best known as a driving force behind 1-800-GOT-JUNK?’s spectacular growth from $2 Million to $106 Million in revenue in just six years. But this dynamic leader has been a entrepreneurial innovator since launching his first company at the age of 21.
His wide range of executive roles has given him expertise across all aspects of business, from strategic planning, operations, people, sales, marketing, call centers and PR. Combined with hands-on experience negotiating corporate acquisitions and developing numerous strategic partnerships, there are few real-world business challenges he hasn’t faced.
Now, as the founder of BackPocket COO, Cameron mentors a select class of proven CEOs, entrepreneurs and their teams, helping them navigate growth, leadership, and building their own unique company cultures. He reaches an even broader audience through his content-driven presentations to groups of entrepreneurs, speaking in over twenty countries, on five continents, in just five years.
With Cameron’s direction, support, and proven strategies, these companies are super-charging their growth and profitability, while nurturing the kind of unique workplace cultures that attract top talent.
Examples of Global Clients Cameron Mentors on Growth and Culture
Nurse Next Door - Vancouver, BC, Canada (nursenextdoor.com)
- #1 Best Place to Work in BC by BC Business Magazine, 2008 & 2009
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year, 2006
MCI - Geneva, Switzerland (mci-group.com)
- Revenue growth from $130M to $500M in 2012
- Operating globally in 28 countries
Media Temple, Los Angeles, California USA (mediatemple.com)
- Cameron has coached DemianSellfors (CEO of Media Temple) for over two years. Media Temple is the premier global solution for web hosting needs, hosting brands like Starbucks, Nike, and Sony—providing a seamless digital presence for global brands and offering scalable hosting solutions for your next big idea. Hiring, culture and operations are key areas that Cameron works in.
Achievers - San Francisco, California USA (formerly I Love Rewards) (iloverewards.com)
- 3x "Top 50 Employer in Canada"
- Landed over 1000 companies in the media
- 2011 - $26M Series-B from Sequoia Capital; 1st round of $4M in 2008 by JLA Ventures
Testimonials from CEO’s Cameron mentors
"If you want to grow fast and grow right, then Cameron is the guy."
-- John DeHart-- Co-Founder, Nurse Next Door
Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year
#1 Best Place to Work in BC
"You have changed my entrepreneurial journey for the better."
-- Razor Suleman-- CEO, I Love Rewards
3x winner of "Top 50Employer"
"Cameron is a visionary business thinker who knows how to communicate real implementable ideas that work."
-- Mike FaithCEO/President, Headsets.com
Here is my Painted
Picture of what BackPocket COO looks like at the
end of 2016.
My Unique Ability is “to lead & energize people by using quick, intuitive alternatives to build plans that reverse engineer their dreams.”
My Kolbe Profile is: 4-3-9-3 which says that
I am… terrific with future-oriented challenges and
dealing with the essential facts… I deal extremely
well in situations of risk & uncertainty… I’m
great at initiating change, creating a sense of urgency, improvising
solutions, initiating innovation and doing presentations.
I prevent getting boxed in by staying open to alternatives,
and have an ability to quickly adapt plans to take advantage
of opportunities. I’m highly intuitive. I’m way
ahead of the curve in tackling what others consider underdeveloped
or unconfirmed opportunities.